Dog rescued from house fire


“At approximately 8:15 a.m. on October 26th, Hall County Fire Rescue was
dispatched to the 3700 block of Arrowhead Place for reports of a residential
fire. The caller alerted 911 when she spotted smoke emitting from the roof of a
neighbor’s residence. Upon arrival, crews found a small fire contained to an
upstairs bedroom with no extension into the attic.
The small fire was extinguished quickly by an interior attack, but managed to
produce a large amount of smoke that filled the home. When a primary and
secondary search were conducted, one small dog was found and saved from
inhaling more smoke. As crews continued to check for hot spots and any
extension, the dog was given oxygen and wrapped in a blanket.
The residents were not home at the time of the fire, but were notified
immediately. Due to the 911 caller’s reporting and HCFR’s quick response to
the scene, the dog was able to make it and not succumb to the heavy smoke.
The cause of the fire was determined as accidental by the Hall County Fire
Marshal’s Office.”