Smoke scare at NGMC Gainesville

A smoke scare at Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) in Gainesville Tuesday night was caused by some overheating electrical equipment, according to a Gainesville Fire Department (GFD) spokesman.

“At 7:58 on 2/20/24, Gainesville Fire responded to 743 Spring ST. at Northeast GA Medical Center,” Joshua Sheridan wrote in an email. “Fire personnel began searching the building and found light smoke inside of the main floor. With the help of security, fire personnel found some electrical equipment that
was overheating.”

This issue was quickly resolved with everyone going back to normal operations, he added.