Fire damages W. Hall home


“Today Hall County Fire Rescue responded to a reported house fire in the 5000 block of Arthur Ave. in Oakwood, GA.

Hall County 911 was alerted by a neighbor that noticed smoke coming from the roofline and not the chimney. No one was home at the time and the caller did report hearing working smoke alarms. First arriving units conducted a primary search to confirm no one was inside the home while advancing hose lines inside to extinguish the fire.

The small amount of fire in this 1800 square foot home appears to have started on or at the stove, burning the kitchen area and advanced into the attic. Fire crews were able to get the fire under control quickly and completely extinguished shortly thereafter.

There were no injuries reported and the number of occupants residing there is unknown.”